Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nature Speaks; are You Listening?

Rainy season has parked itself over us until we're all soggy, day after day, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon;  hurricane season has officially begun.  Midwest America keeps taking the brunt of tornadoes and everywhere the uptick of volcanic and earthquake activity keeps everyone on their toes.  I was amazed to see sunlight this morning, and practically ran out of the house before anything could change on my way into a long, lazy Sunday run.

I'm house-hunting (thank you Celeste!!), and riding the waves of excitement and disappointment that comes with scoping out possibilities that fall away for one reason or another.   When landlord Doc said August will close Plantation,  I had to smile:  the Universe is clearly conspiring on my behalf to forward my plan.  Now if buyers and sellers would just line up nicely,  I can get into this new 'compound' I keep seeing, with my home, office, studio and gardens all rolled into one.

I love nothing more than to speculate on all this on the run.  I dove into the morning like any other Sunday,  happy to be out on the roads,  no pressures,  listening to the good tunes and allowing the right side of my brain to unfurl itself with the tap-tap of my footfalls.  As always,  the warmth of the sun on my skin,  the skies full of scuttling clouds, and Nature full-on in Her early summer abundance gave me comfort and inner rest.  The serenity I get from Her beauty is a never-ending source of inspiration.

In my work I see folks getting 'stuck' in the tapes in their heads.  Endless loops of desires and resentments swirling in small circles;  complacent reservations....satisfied with nothing and  no one,  alone in their anxiousness, scared to reach out, reach in.   Mother Nature is trying to get our attention.  She uses everything She has to break through our barriers in the hopes we will hear something other than our own angst,  see something beyond our perceived problems.   If we allow it,  there are not just scenic views 'out there',  there are answers.  The loneliness,  obstacles, misery and pain are all delivered into the patterns of constant motion,  the Life of Life itself.   We surrender our false sense of control and realize something Bigger than us is running the show.  But first,  we must be open.  We must walk out the door everyday and look up,  look around, and listen.  She is telling you Her secrets even now. 

No comments: