Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday Long Run: Cosmic Transformations


Before I knew it,  Sunday morning blew in on spring winds,  temps moderating, skies full of wondrous clouds like these- photo taken a day or so before....Mother Nature putting out Her best colors, smells and sounds, as the migrating birds come through, and the sound of traffic is silenced in the early morning holiday hours.   The lush spring comes here too,  with flowering trees and deep green landscaping bringing the sub-tropics awake.  As I rounded up Angler's Ave and onto the Ravenswood stretch,  I could feel my lungs expand on the smell of pine as I found a nice little rhythm to stretch my legs and enjoy the tunes in my ear.

Overall I may be running less miles.  As my further adventure in aging/running continues,  I have long since given up the tally, training logs or expectations for this or that race or event.  Now, it seems every day I 'take the measure' of what my body is up for:  more yoga (thanks Rodney Yee!), more walk breaks....taking it easy on the weekday runs and still putting out a bigger effort for the long run on Sundays.  Always fighting through the achy bits, finding the balance that brings movement and relief as the blood begins to flow and muscles ease.  So it was a boon to be cruising on down 35th with enough 'umph' to take me back along the end of my big Griffin loop, and FEEL like a runner,  confident in the strength of my legs and feeling the steady footfalls as I made it back for the walk/cool-down home.

As the cosmic bombardment continues,  rays are pulsing through the atmosphere stirring up the plates and volcanoes, twirling around the highs and lows, amping up the magnetic fields and  kicking up the solar winds...while our DNA and cellular structures stretch and resonate within our bodies...and the mind becomes a multi-channel antenna, picking up a little bit of everything it seems,  whether from our dream state,  stirred emotions and memories or the 'news of the world' and the changes afoot all around us. 

One day it seems everyone is stuck in the mud, like me.   And another, as if wings are attached,  the ideas and dreams of our future take off into quiet manifestation,  under wraps at times,  selecting their own day and time to enter the world stage.  Life will not be dictated by our petty wants, and yet it is our very desires which somehow shape our world.  In the Right Brain World all paradox is a puzzle which leads us to embrace an ever bigger point of view.  I am the least likely athlete:  at yet,  running, for me, is my magic carpet.  And when I am 'on the road'  I am given 'eyes to see'  the beautiful around me- and in me.  When I write,  I place myself back into that space- and I let the words describe just how it feels.

In your Cosmic Transformation,  are you focusing too narrowly on the bombardment of pressures, problems and perceived issues??  Or can you let go,  and take a leap forward as the path opens up for you?  If we lay aside our expectations,  the miraculous is ready to reveal:  Who are you today,  in your resurrected state?  With Love we find anything is possible.  With hope,  we live on in our shared splendor. 




No comments: