Monday, March 18, 2013

Mysterious Times

As a Spring baby,  something always stirs in me this time of year,   I can feel it right through my feet, in my pores,  that delicious, fresh feeling of New Things patiently waiting to punch through the surface and grow, blossom, provide us with all the magical sustenance of Life.
As I geared up for Sunday's long run,  I felt dogged by the fatigue, aches and pains and stress of the week;  mysterious times indeed, even at work,  the morphing of challenges and changes means staying light on my feet, adjusting and staying focused on moving it all forward in some productive way.....

But the morning light was calling,  the temps were very mild, and the overcast skies gave more depth to the feeling of stepping out into another world.   I couldn't care less anymore about how long, how fast, how well it goes....just running has becomes its own joy.  So I pointed myself east and headed for the beach.

There is nothing ordinary about Florida on her worse day.   All the atmospherics here come in big packages...the skies,  the ever-changing ocean waters,  the big air full of beach scents often blustery and blowing through the flat salt marshes....and the Light!   Brassy,  bright or muted down into the spectrum of grey and cool blues....Florida gives every day, every run.

It was a struggle getting there.   I hung out long enough to take pix and breathe in that fantastic briny air, and absorb the healing that comes with a pause in the miles,  the week, the life of a busy counselor.   It was the way back that gave me a few of those magical stretches when finally enough blood flow and comfort came to my achy legs and I could stretch myself along the open back roads flying free -if only for minutes at a time.

There is such a buzz about this Equinox.  I am seeing many posts tap us to the enormous new window of change upon us,  3 months down the road from 12-21 Solstice.  The potential for positive change seems in direct proportion to how willing we are to give up all our preconceived ideas about how it should all look or be.   On the run,  the tired humdrum feeling of 'oh no another long run' was quickly replaced with "WOW! that was GREAT!" even as I walked a good bit of the last bits home.

Fly free this week with the energies now upon us all....catch where you carry the old beliefs that make you shun the new risk, venture, creative project,  the act of connection,  forgiveness or fortitude....the art within you,  of manifesting just by being alive!  By breathing,  you participate anyway.  Why not make it a conscious effort and see just how far down the road you've gone? 

There is a 'runner' in us all....we all came out of the gate and are making our way on the Course of our Lives.....looking for the markers,  the cheerleaders,  the help when we get tired, or lost.   Look around you,  see those other runners?  They might look to YOU for their inspiration,  if you only keep on your feet....let the momentum of the Spring Push bring you along.....closer than ever to your dreams.


REMINDER!
Join me THIS SATURDAY MARCH 23rd  2:00PM
Hugh Birch State Park
off Sunrise Ave.  Ft. Lauderdale
for another RIGHT BRAIN WORKOUT
PLANTING THE SEEDS OF OUR DREAMS
bring real seeds which represent your dreams, park fee, donations appreciated
and GET INTO YOUR RIGHT MIND!
954-665-9536 for more info or email riccirob13@yahoo.com

No comments: