Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday long run 4-3-11

I was back up on the longer Griffin loop, without the John Williams stop at the outer edge, but I would guestimate a 10-er more or less, up the north 40th cut.   We are firmly back into warm temps, high humidity and little cool-down at night.   If I am out early enough in the AM, I can just catch the last of the fresh-feeling crisp edge to the morning air, before the sub-tropical sun gets a hold of us all, and builds back the heat. 

I have some good stretches, plenty of walk breaks, overall I'd say endurance is still building, but not there.   I am not finding enough rest on my current schedule.   I can speculate on precipitating factors, but the bottom line is that I feel I am needing more time to work with my aging body as well as get a handle on all my projects.   There is nothing unusual about the slight shift in my gyroscope these days;  after all, I am on the heels of an upcoming birthday....but in my childish mind, I still crave that unaccountable bliss of non-action- and still find it here or there- out on the roads, deep in meditation, writing.  And yes, some artwork.

I have high class worries compared to most of the world, I use this to put it in perspective and remember my privileged position;  to angst over spiritual issues is to celebrate the stability I have in my life to do just that.   I am not willing to throw that over lightly.   Yet at the same time, the Powers that Be are mounting their own campaign to rev up the fires of change in us all, and how it all manifests in our near future...we will have to hold on and see!

No comments: