Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Healing on the Run

While coping with the upswing in aches and pains (I blame it on Spring), I managed an out and back this AM with enough good stretches to instill a bit more confidence for future training...and plenty of walking.   The rhythmic effort gave me the mental space to put together a nice piece of Insight:

After many years of being my parents primary person, climbing my professional ladder and now post death of them both, I see how I needed to push away as much as possible the pressures and intent of others, even as I may love or need them.   I can't do this in client work;  in fact, counseling gives me a space to stay emotionally open and available while maintaining personal boundaries, so it's good for me that way.  But running from all others has been my way to gain much much needed healing space and find the solace and strength I need to regroup and begin the next chapter in my life.

Those of you who I cut down, off or marginalize, please feel my intent to move forward in the Light and Love of our Good Future.   I know it is there, just as sure as Spring is coming to bless the land with Renewal and Hope.  I am glad my Aries energy is available while I muster the focus to get going...and I hope you all will come along!

No comments: