Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Grandmothers Gather

As the northern circle commenced their homage to the grandmothers on Sunday, I was as usual called into the group.  The auspiciousness of the occasion was naturally enhanced by little Claire, so my 'membership' into the 'club' was ensured.  We are not our grandmother's generation, clearly.  But maybe what we inherit is that same single-minded focus on the good of the global push for the generations to come, as we plant our seeds, send our signals and light our bonfires for others to find their way.

Since I put my back out, it's been important to change gears and shift down into more healing modes.  Today, I did not run more than half the loop, and walked most of the last several miles, in an attempt to loosen, but not punish, my stiff body.  Those old crones were whooping and singing their hearts out, no doubt.  And if my spirit presence enhances theirs, even from a sensitive space, all the more important for our voices to blend together.  I often (VERY often) miss the proximity of my 'sisters'.  Now with the family adding a generation, I know my distance will continue to provoke more focus on how to stay connected on other levels.  Every image, post and picture allows me to peek into our multi-dimensional web of intentions and work.  So even while alone out on the roads, I feel the buoyancy of many hands soothing my heart, my soul.

It was always the work of the grandmothers to comfort- and awaken- the young ones to meet their path.  How amazing that we found each other to begin with, and awaken each other, still!  Namaste, my beautiful goddesses!! 

No comments: