Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hints of Things to Come



I never really know why a good run is good. Sometimes I can point to a nice long night's sleep or a particularly lucky stretch of good food, low stress etc. But none of that was in the mix as I watched the bands of storms roll through last night, until finally, around 7AM I saw the skies clear and took to the open roads!

On the treadmill at the gym I make sure to do some inclines...maybe that helped me feel more of a boost, because as soon as I hit the other side of Sheridan I took off, and never stopped until I hit my pit-stop at Griffin Publix!! The temps were as wonderful and cool as they've been all summer after the storms; everything was lush with water. Do ions penetrate even muscular aches and pains? I expected more protest out of my hip. But after a few miles I could feel the soft percussive tap at the bottom/balls of my foot and feel the smooth roll of my gait. I had a rhythm, and I could sustain it! Now double this, double it again..and my current 6 milers will one day approximate the marathon....!

The 'alternate' reality we seek, which bleeds through into our own, is a generous one. Even when we least expect it, peeks into where we want to go come in packages sweet with success and satisfaction. Ahhh....!!

No comments: