Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Training? Raining

Another cold front is about to pull us out of our balmy lull and back into the wintry chill....preceded by a whole bunch of stormy weather...I've done a couple of out and backs this week, between 5 and 6 miles each, this morning comfortable enough by the end to be more tolerable than I've been in a while. I'm waiting for the new Brooks to arrive. My hope is to begin s more concerted effort towards real training. But geez! could the weather help any?? I need to pound out some of this high-power stress!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can cure that Hip Problem. You're doing a great job keeping Motivated! I did the AIA 13.1 in Nov. and got age 3rd, not bad for such a large field! Maybe the guys that race every week shy'ed away from the $70. fee.
I got 1st senior grand Masters at the Rotary run for tommorrow half in Dec. Since then I havn't raced but I'm making a come back now. I sent out for the 7 Mile bridge run ap today, and will probably do another race in the next few weeks.
I do the Broward /las olas out and back to the beach from plantation occassionally, it's great to crest the bridge and the ocean comes into View! If I'm not doing a "Time Trial" and it's hot, I'll go for a short swim before heading Back!

Keep up the good work, and don't stress out! (I'm talking to myself also)
Go Apollo!

Regards, Jim S.

Right Brain Runner said...

Hi Jim, definitely been out of the racing loop...just hoping to get a good base back before summer- a very modest goal!
thanks for your encouragement....always!