Monday, March 1, 2010

transitions

My new shoes are due here today; Glycerin 8's. Yesterday's Griffin loop was a study in patience with the winds in my face pushing me almost to a standstill.
Why do we run under adverse conditions? Like everything else in life, it's often the size of the challenge that compels us, and captivates our attention. So big weather, big winds- in the summer, big heat, make for interesting and challenging runs.
As the world seems to escalate in its own challenges, I confess my need for down-time increases. Something in me needs to digest the ever-changing landscape of events. I am often deep in my thoughts...and the run is the one place where my mind escapes into its own landscape.
So don't fault me for taking My time. If you really want to catch up with me, I'll see you on the roads!

No comments: