Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To Vitae, with Love



I woke today with Shari's words ringing in my mind from her message last night; Vitae had rallied and who knows may go on to recover and lead us on once again in this world! As impossible as it seemed, anything now seemed doable with the combined power of the group. I welcomed a cool and clear dawn and took off for the Park where I've decided its high time I ramped everything back down to the beginning...and learn to run those loops again until I regain my comfort on my feet.

TY Park is an amazing oasis in the middle of Broward County. A 2 mile loop encircles a lake and other lovely spots. Walkers, runners, bladers, bikers of all sorts come here; I stopped running the park years ago when I felt I needed the challenge of the open road and longer distances...it felt oddly comforting to be back and to commit myself to sane running again.

Took off into the sun. Thoughts of Vitae whirling while I kept wondering how I might pull off the travel north if it came to it, or should I remain 'on line' through spiritual channels....? The first loop was heavy and painful. I am dealing with an unusual level of pain; the old family malady (among others) fibromyalgia, the one my mother was never given support for, has been coming back on me strong. If you don't have it or know what it is, imagine your body hurting and aching everywhere, like a flu- but not out of any bout of illness. My strategy has been working with the underlying inflammatory response- thus my relatively clean diet and fitness routine, plus the attention to plenty of down-time, meditation and inner work.

The presence of pain is a barrier to feeling the light in any situation. But as I rounded out the first loop I noticed a group doing "laughter therapy" on one side while the gazebo where Vitae presided over Michael and Yu's wedding was present on the other, gleaming white on the lakeside. Tears and smiles came to me as I realized that the message of his presence in my life/our life was simply this: Feel and express the effervescent joy of life!! Vitae, my dear old friend, who was always quick with the funny story, the touching take, the wide smile and deep love for everyone he came in contact with, my Old Sage who sang, danced and wrote his wonderful presence throughout the world, who would be the first to cry, the first to understand, the first to embrace the deepest, or highest range of this mystery school experience....

After the second loop and the merciful loosening that seems to always come around the 3 mile mark, I took myself to the gazebo and stretched. The sun was rising off to the east, the laughter folks were still yucking it up across the water.... the ringing sounds of their hilarity kept me smiling as I settled in to 'tune in' to events in Harrisonburg...and prayed....

The messages were there when I returned. Off the morphine he became clear: it was time to go.

Dear friend, it is us who suffer the loss,,,,,but you go on before us as you always have. How much I honor and love you!... for everything you taught me as your devoted sojourner, for your generosity of spirit...for reading and loving my own words and championing my own causes in my life....
My Spiritual Father, you healed the rift in my soul of the negative and angry male and supplanted the anger and depression with your light touch and Love...you will never know how much you influenced us all to go deeper, be more authentic, believe with everything we have to keep the Work in motion.

I know many old souls are waiting to Welcome you Home, my old friend. The Beneficent Ones gave us your wisdom for many long years. You worked well, loved deep; it is time.

My dear Vitae. We love you more than words can say. We will miss you here with us. We know you are part of the legacy and Light of Sun Temple and beyond- always.

With Her.
And Them.
And it is SO.
Welcome Home!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences over your loss.
jim

institute of lraqi scholars & academician] said...

thanks for your work