Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Windy Run at the Park; Hills and Drills




According to the weather reports the entire east section of the country is having high winds; deadly tornadoes in Oklahoma- at the park, the wind was strong, but luckily not cold. Wind means resistance training, so that's a good thing, in the 2nd week out from the race. Feeling sluggish, digestion off. Some trepidation about family business and just plain tired of the worry sometimes. My focus on the race is morphing into low expectations, but I must be careful; I need them high enough to sustain motivation. If they sink too low I won't want to be there at all.

Some people have natural resilience. Others, like me, seem like tuning forks, picking up the vibes all around and fighting their influence. I pray consistently for strength, and training is just another means of enveloping myself in at least the perception of strength- even if it ends up being another form of my own wishful thinking.

But you never know. I get out there and I get it done. I haven't wavered yet. The obstacles may become more formidable, but the resources are still there. Somehow, the Powers that Be are encouraging us to stay the course. As much as it feels tempting to quit, we know it's the easy way out. So we gather our comrades together and we pick our mark on the route- there, and there, and to there. Each benchmark bringing us closer to the line.

Soon enough, I'll have my own personal experience of going on way past my belief that I can do it. And it will be AMAZING.

The medicine woman in the pix is south american, I believe. She reminds me of Mello Rye, our teacher, and the power of the lineage behind me. I must remember; I, too am part of the line of teachers, and we set the example. We bring our hearts into the fight, and we shoulder on.

No comments: