Tuesday, November 20, 2007

These are Beautiful Days

We are different, in essence, from other men/women. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.

Emil Zatopek

Thanks, Marlon, for the quote, and congratulations on your marathon.

After a rest day yesterday, I completed a stunning 8 miler today, complete with mild temps, beautiful clear air, and enough winds to make it challenging on the way back. My legs were still a little sore from the weekend mileage, but I felt strong overall, and re-inspired to give my all to this effort. I feel uplifted by forces unseen, the accumulated time of trials and triumphs, the honesty of my spirit connected to others who run, who ran, or who wish me well in my life.
These are beautiful days, and I cherish the sound of my heart beating hard in my chest when I hit those strides which seem lifted from the earth; taking flight in my heart, I see my dreams taking shape.

No comments: