Sunday, November 18, 2007

Romancing the Run

In the same way we forget the pain of difficulties, but tend to remember sweet times, I find myself romancing even a tough run. Today I headed out after sleeping in, intent on catching up on much needed rest. Heading west, I worked through the initial miles worth of foot cramping and fatigue. I went long. I wanted to work out whatever was pent up inside me; and the day was with me- clear, mild temps and breeze. I ran without music, and listened to the chatter in my head. I found the niche of warmth in the movement of miles stuck in the middle of the run, and loosened up. I think it was 16 today, felt like it anyway, and the toll it takes is now catching up with me. I ate all day, rested between chores. No matter the intensity of the effort, I kiss this run with my heart. And ready to do it all over again soon.

No comments: