Monday, November 12, 2007

About the Beach

I wasn't planning on it, but suddenly, after 3 days of being cooped up in a classroom, I took off for a run at the beach. Parked at Dania peer. A bright, clear, windy, mild temps day. A day when you can run at any point because even mid-afternoon, it's perfectly comfortable. I did my World Run day run yesterday, not sure if it was 10, felt like 10, 5 out and back, full of fast energy again, like today.... Apparently, not running for 2 days was a good break. I cruised the roads, and today, swept down the Broadwalk, focused on the narrow track of brickwork that hugs the beach. The beach was spotty with bathers, and the surf was wicked fast up onto the sands, whipping green and full of foam, crashing against itself. I wasn't planning on it, but I soaked up enough sun and wind and ocean to fill my eyes with raw beauty. Enough I hope to put soft steps into the runs I do this week. We're back to it, now, routine training. Hopefully nothing alters this but what needs to be done. Between times out, back, and- beyond.

No comments: