Thursday, October 18, 2007

Registration has been made!

The commitment to put my money where my mouth has been has been sealed; I registered for the Miami Marathon on 10/17/07. Since I have the option of having my own name on the bib, it will say "Ricci Runs". I posted my estimated time at 5:30. I figured if I did the 30K at 3:45, with a pit stop, then this should allow for plenty of time and wiggle room, whatever the conditions. I'm relieved now that its a done deal....all the hemming and hawing is over and I can focus my mind into a realistic training routine from here on out. I'm glad I began so early in the summer. I feel like I'm just where I need to be now, able to handle some higher mileages, and with a few more months of building intensity and endurance I hope to feel a bit easier mentally about looking down the scope of 26.2.

I didn't go out today for any run, although I had hoped to...so far I have 32 miles in for the week....I'm feeling pretty fatigued, my throat is a little swollen, and all this tells me I'm pushing it a bit too hard. My class is this weekend, so tomorrow I'll try a regular 6-8 miles before I head out for this big weekend push. That should give me about 40 for the week, and keep me adjusted to the extra level of intensity that 30k gave me....

So here we go, nothing's changed, its still one day's run at a time, one foot in front of the other, taking it as it comes, one week building on top of the other....until I reach that starting line.....I've come a very long way to get this far, it's not that long now....

No comments: