Monday, May 14, 2007

smoke and mirrors

what do I see through the smoke and haze, trying to achieve some clarity in the midst of meeting goals....I completed 40ish miles this past week, a first! a real disciplined push, and now I know this is possible. Yesterday, Sunday, a very difficult 9-10 with a stop around mile 6 or 7 when my lungs began to feel heavy...I am way underestimating the impact of the smoke. I see today there are more winds; so I'm hoping this means a shift in the air currents and therefore, we are not the funnel for this haze anymore. My body continues to go lean but has not complained too much, surprisingly. The old trouble spots are still there, right hip, ankle, but as long as I go smooth enough and long enough, things seem to settle themselves out. Strength and endurance seems to be the key. This week, I'll keep to the 7's, and see how the weekend goes. If I keep it within the 35-40 mile range, its still good, its still where I need to be. The important part is my mindset is all 'go'!

No comments: