Saturday, May 26, 2007

If I can see it, I can believe it

Many of my cyber pals are marathoners; and I salute you all. Everyone of them gives me the same basic advice which is the ability to believe in the possibility always. And since building the image of something is my forte', this is advice I can relate to, and use more consciously. I see myself sucking up air and light and wind; I see the earth curve to support me. I can scan the insides of my arches, hamstrings, hips and adjust my gait, my pace, and all the while I'm thinking, what if I were mile 15, 18, 20? The pain I feel at the upper miles needs to push on into those miles. The comfort zone below needs to increase. The cushion of spring still in my step needs to extend itself so I can endure what I know follows; brutal pacing through lack of momentum. But today was a good one. I kicked more towards the end, strong, and overcame crushing fatigue, and I ate well this morning too. I found what I needed and even though it wasn't enough to sustain me consistently, I have better overall endurance. I'm seeing the results, and I imagine each of my marathoners crossing their first finish lines thinking what I might think one day soon, that the goal was always there waiting.

No comments: