Thursday, February 20, 2014

Emergence-See

When I give myself a day off running,  like I did today,  I tend to fight through a round of initial feelings;  guilt that I'm not running ("Marlon is...."wink), relief that I DO get a break, trepidation that in a day I will lose my ability, endurance, strength.  Irrational sure, but that is the way of our strange and out-dated beliefs.  In fact, from a viewpoint of true connectivity,  of listening to my body,  alternating run days is a wise idea.  I may have fantasies of being an uber runner my self.  And I STILL maintain that with everything in working order I CAN.  But that time, apparently is now right now.  Even with 'NOW' being the only moment there is...That's a homage to the Shift we are in.  A reminder that every aspect of this experience 'runs' concurrently.  So there is a part of me basking in the late afternoon air and light as I sit at my back windows.  The picture is my view o the left of my little sanctuary,  the porch.  Notice the spinach in the container; there is also an avocado and papaya tree (thanks Mike F for that great find). 

Another part of me scans my stiff, achy body and knows a good little run would feel great (afterwards..haha),  and is the part inducing guilt...come on,  you could if you just would.  It's an easy out to have a 'rest day'....Marlon is out there on the trails today.  Have you figured out my cyber runner bud Marlon is my running hero?  And of course Dean K.  And Crash who dips and dives into running with open abandon.  Or Jim who will run the ultra and clear the trails too. 

And yet another me is trying to come to terms with aging itself, and this deep need for rest!  Wow, how my parents morphed into me, or me to them.  My father really tried to stay active in elder years.  He golfed, he liked walking malls etc....Maybe mom not so much.  But I protest this inevidability with every ounce of resistance.  And often I wonder if I waste a lot of energy.  Look at many great artists, writers etc etc who stay creative and active, look at the Dalai Lama.  He is mid-70's, like Vitae was.  70's are killer years!  Look at Mello, post 100.  That says it all.

There is no doubt that behind all this some new version of us is emerging.  Sometimes I feel it is so new I'm not sure to even reference my past much any more.  I test my every thought for hypotheses that have run their course.  Such presumptions we have as people;  the record shows for itself that reckless abandon,  in the context of divine imperatives,  are the reality.  For we may anticipate, maybe even be prophetic - but whatever will unfold is still just that next moment on the road,  and still as unpredictable, as new as the next moment truly is.  It's 'the will of the gods' as I like to think, when suddenly I 'sync' my way into the run, or the inspiration at work is available for me. Or conversely when I surf the waves of chaos that could take me, or any of us down- into shamanic descent, or hell our choice I guess.   The intersection of so many energies, changes, shifts and pressures is no joke.  We may bask in our routines, or even our tired desperations.  But I keep feeling that whatever is stuck on us now is about to be flung off and away like the chrysalis.  There are major wings to be spread.  The Shift is gonna hit that fan.

When you are out and about ask the world to reveal itself to you.  Not the traffic, the radio, the time crunch.  See what the light is doing around you, and how the atmosphere, the winds, cold, moisture, the trees adds, like a color,  an instrument to the canvas/chorus of your day.  THAT is where Spirit is trying to reach you,  past the cacophony.  Mother Nature is talking to you, coaxing YOU, the real you out of hiding, from behind the old beliefs, and all the distraction.  There is a New World emerging.  Be part of it's grand and conscious unfolding.

No comments: