Sunday, May 5, 2013

Power Stepping: Sunday Long Run 5-5-13


My dream life is very mysterious.  I remember things that are beyond this life, and sometimes I can't quite remember things that belong to this one.  This 'multi-layered-ness' has been a part of my reality for as long as I can remember, part of what made being me such a challenge as a child,  becoming an adult- until I met my 'spiritual family' and found the bigger context for where I belonged in Virginia. 

Last night the temps lowered to a breezy, cool level.  By morning,  the last scene in my dream lifted,  me watching as a young couple shepherded their 2 children up the stairs for bed, at exactly 10:47 PM (watch out, times rarely come so particularly...hmm),  as if I was meant to wait for this after whatever long plot preceded this.  The whole world felt full of movement:  the skies full of speeding clouds on the full breadth of winds whipping around the buildings, with a slow sun scuttling in between.   I felt tired and removed from everything, stuck in between my many selves.   The surreal quiet of Sundays in the emptiness made me linger just to look around:  this place is so part of the past, everything about it is about to change, I kept feeling.  I need to move.

Sometimes we reach for the very tools within our grasp all along.  Today it was my power insteps,  lost inside another pair of running shoes I forgot I had.   I slipped them into my long milers,  and headed out and up 29th, the structure and support immediately helping to balance my gait.  The wind was at my face all the way down Ravenswood, but I found a nice rhythm and lost myself into the morph of Krishna Das all the way into my Publix pit-stop. 

As I cruised down 35th,  this route I know so well I could do it in my sleep,  I broke through all the fatigue and disengagement of the morning and suddenly felt myself 'click' into the run.  The excitement and joy I'd been suppressing about my own changes,  caught on the motion of the run,  suddenly welled up and with the exuberance of a child I threw up my hands in a motion of wild glee and gratitude.  Whatever the challenges, blocks,  resistance along the way,  The Universe is moving through us, so that even the most stubborn inertia is suddenly set free.  My power insteps were like a platform I could launch from;  I was reminded that the foundation of my strength,  fortitude, courage and love of process would certainly and safely move me through every step of the way. 

Sometimes if feels like we can't get from 'here to there', but Mother Nature is so wise,  She has already gone there and connected everything.  In fact there is so much inter-connected we can hardly see 'the forest for the trees',  or where our own little life ends 'here' and the rest of the Big World begins.   Just when we least expect it,  She surprises us around every corner with the breathtaking beauty of ourselves.   I get lost within it,  I find my Power, and I am found.

No comments: