Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Disclosure, May Day, Beltane- We Run into May!

As south Florida continues it's wet reception of the storms rolling in this week,  I take the time to power up my yoga and tune into the global gestalt.  A LOT is going on!!  The swirling energies,  which to me feel ricocheted between extremes of glee and sometimes gloom,  reflect the ever shifting paradigm we are all in.   With Beltane also comes Disclosure,  and the Citizen's hearing on UFOs and ETs.  Meanwhile countries all over the world are having May Day protests, as the 'working class' gives voice to the ever-present struggles of those caught in the matrix of world financial chaos. 

Disclosure has a different meaning in therapy.  We seek client disclosure in helping access the stories that manifest whatever problems and issues presented.  Getting to that is tricky business, though.   Like the government pleading "no cover-up" while all the evidence says otherwise,  clients are often the last to admit that issue x or y had anything to do with the stress of their present circumstances.  Disclosure itself is both the end and the means.   Just to admit to someone what's going on can be the relief needed to see it in perspective and the solution waiting in the wings.  Processing the impact of it all is the process of therapy.  It takes much trust all the way around to push through our barriers.  But like all things which are compelled to grow,  Life will never be denied!

For me,  disclosure is the intimate exchange of whatever's in my heart space.  I get into this space on the run.  I reach it when I write or create artwork.   In counseling I sometimes use my own disclosure (carefully) to entice the normalization of a client's own path towards opening up.   Truth be told,  what I miss is the delicate exchange with those I love, who sometimes, I feel, forget:  I'm not just on the giving end.

With the opening of the great month of May,  I encourage that delicate opening,  like flowers in Spring,  in you.   Feel where the seeds, once planted, are seeking the Light.  As they crest the surface can you see the brilliance of their every color, shape and movement?  This is your living Life!  Offer your care and nurture the blossoming.  Every truth put out there only serves to bring us closer to our Selves and each other. 

No comments: