Monday, January 7, 2013

Griffin loop and other runs in the New Year

Dream-life is the norm for me:  in my mind,  all images are great Stand-Ins for Experience.   And at times, I've had trouble navigating the limitations of the left-brain world.   No doubt this is partly why I felt compelled to 'master the marketplace' all those years ago, and provide enough economic structure to my life to lower the stress from artistic poverty.   Running came late in the game (now almost 10 years ago...wow) and added the regulation of training.  And whether I used to prepare for big races or just work at keeping a decent base, as I am now,  I am grateful for the fundamental shift in my life which brought me a platform to develop my skills as a therapist in all my various means of connecting with others.

Yesterday I cruised back up on the Griffin loop via Ravenswood,  and some of my favorite local stretches of long, quiet streets without time constraints....and today a quick out and back just to mobilize the stiffness from yesterday.   I wake from dreams which seem just transparent enough to layer over the morning,  but not enough to give me access;  frustrating flirtations from the higher realms- I keep telling myself when 'they' need me to know,  I will know.

I am struck by the disorientation I feel by the shift of the year, age, millennium....the metaphor that Life can be wants to take me off into layers of meaning and implication which confound my usual understandings.  What seemed immovable now moves....and what appears now as the opening of doors,  light at the end of tunnels is a revealing.  After all,  where did I go?   No where really.  "I" am still here.  But the Me who travels all those unconscious roads has seemingly met up with physical me.  As I run down these roads we merge into our expanded Self,  seeped into skies, trees, sunlight...the pat-pat of my footfalls,  the flight of birds....

The bridge which takes us from Old to New is deceptively humble:  it is a simple few steps,  a mere nod of a distance.  It will not take marathons to begin healing anymore.  We are in this together,  my high heart and I,  my feet,  my hands which yearn to create big again...
eyes which long to see the lover looking back with understanding....while we hover in the very beginnings of things,  take the opportunity to absorb all that Mother Gaia has to offer in the many-layered manifestation of Her love,  and stay on your feet.  The gait will get into rhythm by and by if you just keep moving along.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so many points in common...

Happy new year, the 1 of the Golden Age, my fellow LtWkr.