Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beach Run 7-15: Big Weather


Inner oscillations and agitations ebb and flow, in sync with the rhythm of the atmosphere here in SoFlo.   Hot and steamy air creates the Big Weather systems that moves in and out of the Atlantic ocean and Everglades, buffeting the end of the Florida peninsula.   I take my chances, like today, that I could make it to the beach and back without any downpours, and I did, even as the skies looked full of rain, moving just to my north.

I worked out a huge jam in my right ankle yesterday, so took my new feet out for a 'test drive'.  Our bones are prone to settle into complicated pretzel-like patterns, the result of stress, physical pressures and too much sitting.  Much of my post-run routine is stretching and self-massage.  During the run, like today,  I monitor the connections between top and bottom, side to side,  shoulder to shoulder in my eternal quest to find the comfortable gait.   Watching the Olympic track trials yesterday reminds me:  there are people who run big and easy and have the range of motion and endurance I dream of.....just to know what that feels like-! I attempt to anchor even a little bit of that super-awareness and fly off the roads...to feel the magic uplift of mind and body together.

The wind began to pick up the closer I got to the beach.   At my North Park pit stop I saw,  in place of the usual church service,  the homeless guys gathered, who apparently sleep on or near the beach, swapping news and cigarettes, while I took my photos and filled my water bottles.  As I headed back out,  the wind came at my back and gave me just that lift I was looking for, a little push,  a little help, on through the back alleys,  the parallel neighborhood streets, until the last mile, walking home. 

Processing the depth and breadth of current changes takes enormous fortitude...endurance comes with inner practice, and time.   Finding the ease in our movement while releasing everything that jams us up is the crux of our current quest.   Follow the Process;  the run takes care of itself, if I don't focus too much on how I compare to my past self,  my ultimate vision or anyone else I pass on the way (or who passes me!).

After CC and I chat earlier I am again reminded:  we do nothing alone.   While Big Weather has us all in the strong grip of transition and transformation,  the force of change, revolution, liberation will try to dislodge our moorings- if we let it.  Instead,  offer yourself words of encouragement while reminding those who struggle, as we all do, to throw your arms open and embrace the wide skies of Possibility!   Your dreams and there, your future self is waiting for you, at the end of the run,  at the close of all your suffering.  See yourself Released.   And move forward.

No comments: