Sunday, January 8, 2012

Long Run West: Sunday 1-8-12


The temps moderated to a pleasant 60ish as I headed out the door earlier,  the sun climbing above the line of thin clouds blocking the full glory of its warmth while I looped around the block to get my legs going and headed west on Park.   It has been so many weeks focusing on my easterly loop, it felt wonderful to cruise down this nice straight stretch as I tried to sort out dreams, impressions and emotions....none of which came very clear.

The mystery of my traveling aches and pains continues,  now feeling more soreness in my feet (is it time for new shoes...again!?) and doing spot checks on the usual hot spots such as ITB and flexors.  Nonetheless,  it felt so nice to have the sun, the mild temps that once I found a good rhythm I decided to wait and stop at John Williams park, then headed up over the turnpike to make my cut north to Stirling,  giving me 2 good overpasses.  If I gave myself a walk break now and then I could sustain some good distance and pace (for me)....feeling as the miles grew, greater comfort and ease.  

The greatest part of having an iphone which subs as music, weather report, miles run if I want it to, and yes phone is having the camera to capture whatever catches my eye as I go.  As an officially frustrated artist full of good ideas getting nowhere,  photography has become the quick and dirty means of visual expression.   It was coming in off another run this week, through the alley that I spied the bird-of-paradise sticking up by a fence;  clearly a volunteer- above.

My first week back at work and my first private (solo) client back on Saturdays gave me a boost of confidence in my unfolding professional life.  The structure of our lives as it  becomes built around our disciplines and responsibilities is always a good thing.   The run gives me both attention to discipline and freedom of mind:  a mental break from the pressures of people.   I accept these outcomes as the results of all these years of hard work to earn my place in the Marketplace...and feel so grateful that I have something meaningful to offer!!  As we go, we grow!

No comments: