Friday, November 25, 2011

post-Thanksgiving run

Slightly overcast and cool, the weather gods delivered the perfect conditions to set out for my morning run,  fueled by yesterday's extra carbs and assisted by the nearly empty streets.  A lot of everything banged around in my brain until I worked out those first few miles, the awkward  rhythms in my footfalls settling into the cadence of entrainment, as the right-left-right of the swing eased out my aches and my worries into the Earth Herself.

Sometimes, I don't want to care about anybody or anything.  The constant attention I need to focus on the woes of the world, as they show up in my clients and others can collapse my world-view into a kaleidoscope of crazy chaos, and my gratitude this Thanksgiving, among so much else, is for the grace of an empty schedule to bring it back to the essence of things.

People, we are not the end all be all, and yet at this point in time all that we do will influence our global outcome. We are monkey gods,  stuck on our desires and insecurities, lashing out at misperceived threats and defensive against all pain.  Our fears get stuck in our throats and swallow the words that might otherwise heal and uplift.  We personalize it all,  demonize, rationalize out behavior, our principles.

Beyond the little bag of skin and bones,  the Greatness of Spirit is calling to carry us out of our tiny views into a Big, Broad perspective where the DNA which is spinning in our cells mirrors the perfect turn of worlds... and the moves we make into our lives are met with immeasurable Forces which have our back and guide us along the open road.

I feel the greatness of All that Is when I forget the struggle...when I fly out of my constrictions and into the Rhythm, the movement itself.  Our biology links us as surely as intentional prayer.  Use your body to gain appreciation of the Big You inside.

No comments: