Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday Long Run Art


When it is this hot outside, running becomes an experience of melding into the atmosphere.   The first mile or so, the shock is not so great;  anything early enough is permeated with the freshness of morning.  After the body warms with the sun, however, it suddenly feels as if body and air have blended into a more penetrating experience.  Heat, sweat, sun, the full-on measure of distances within the constant foot-falls, and the expectation of water, relief!  A/C, regrouping...toughing out the run because that is the deal I make with myself.

I don't post enough artwork;  I don't make enough either.   It is a casualty of every art therapist out there that Therapist often comes before Artist....And after a long week of many clients, I have to say it felt WONDERFUL to make even this little piece.  Enjoy,

No comments: