Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running With Power, not Against It


I was excited to get back out there today after yesterday's great run.   What made it so great?  Who knows how the gods choose to stack up their many elements at play, and why, once in a while, I catch that transcendent vibe that feels more like a ride than a slog...

I've been 'pushing' into the potential of change, once again, and coming into conflict with the players who are either somewhere else physically or mentally.   Since change has been my MO for some time in my early years, I am still prone to think of ' change for change sake' and feel the rush of anticipation just envisioning anything possible in my future.  It's a big lesson for me to throttle it down and take my time.   My decision to stay with Florida as my home and residence post-parents is one area this has manifest.   And coping with the illusion of control in relationship is another.

I began today at a reasonable time, in the crystalline early morning that came on the heels of the last tropical system.  My mental stress was still noticeable;  when I can see all the possible positive outcomes, where is the rest of the world in conforming to MY vision??  It was somewhere mid-run, on that lovely long stretch that connects Stirling to Griffin I finally 'saw' the error of my ways.   Relaxing into the open stride, soaking up the rich layers of Nature all around, I finally released the crazy expectation that someone, anyone, should conform to my way.  Imagining the other person's pain or problems is a good way to ensure that YOU are not the center of their concerns.  We have precious little input on each other in our inner world,  BUT- that said, we exert a great deal of influence, for good or bad- just in our pattern of response.

I felt like I finally allowed the run to run itself, having been on this loop so long, I feel I could do it blind-folded.  I let go of "good run/bad run" and once again reveled in the power of my own body to make this herculean effort, on a hot summer morning,  in the middle of a long week, despite any reservations or expectation.   When we harness our inner Power, we become the channel in our activities to a place of Flow and Know.   Resistance creates the discord which tells us we have drifted off base.  Get back to your Inner Rhythm and feel your stride pick up the energy propelling you on.

No comments: