Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Bridge to Spring


While much of the country is hunched into the latest blast of Winter with a Capital WOW, I took a relaxed walk at the park in weather that felt like winter has never been here;  warm, breezy, bright....
the benefit of living in sub-tropic clime.  Ground hog's day, Imbolc, the Bridge to Spring as the mid-point between winter solstice and spring equinox is marked in many places and probably dates back to cyclical eras beyond memory.  Meanwhile, in our time, the World continues to wobble along a fractured sense of constancy.  What we come to expect from one season to the next is revised in the pressure of change.   Just when you think Mother Nature cannot out-do Herself, prepare to be surprised.  As I heard in the news:  "When the meteorologists are taken by surprise, you know something extraordinary is happening."

I've had several hard runs lately, so today's easy jaunt around the park was a chance to just let my body unwind.  After a little yoga, I sat on the bank of the lake and meditated to Tom Kenyon's soundscapes, and felt the woosh of the winds all around, sweeping the molecules from me, into the Breath of Earth, something I could feel and see with my inner eye.

Cracking open this old shell of repression, into a new world is full upon us.  Never before have I felt the push to 'pick sides', to assist my clients in clarifying what they fight for when they fight for their very lives.  In the swirl of intensity which calls us to ever greater clarity in every day life, standing firm in our Intent for what we are about is being exemplified all across the globe;  where the Old Guard once pressed the people down, the People are now rising up.   Surely, if our brothers and sisters can risk everything for freedom, we can do the same.

Today, I dedicate the excitement of Life, the purpose of my path, to sparking the light of purpose and meaning for all...the Bridge to Spring is a way laid for us by Those who went before us, and know it is high time to get on our Way.

No comments: