Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yoga Day



After a stretch of running days it felt prudent to honor the hard work by giving myself a yoga day today. I follow the Rodney Yee "yoga for the core" which helps tremendously with the major muscles which support strong and comfortable form for running. I always know when I haven't done it often enough; the run will begin to feel pushed. This yoga routine is a fantastic counter-balance to the hard work-outs, especially in the heat of this summer. And it reminds me that what I am dealing with is my body's 'chi' and energy shifts, channeling between the ground of Mother Earth and Her core and the axis of galactic balance, as it passes through my body.

In motion, I've also gone back to "chi running" principles. Like all practices, I find myself going back to basic principles over and over again, reminding myself of the basic inner workings and focusing my mind to 'sync' with my body. If I don't I easily fall prey to any typical athlete's tendency to push on without senses tuned to the body's nuances, or body as machine. Much as I would like my body to 'obey' my wishes, there will only be continued progress if 'we' all work together!!

I am reminded of this in all areas of my life. How my clients and I are a team, my agency/practice and I, family, friends and the Great Circle of Helpers who stand seen and unseen on the planetary stage...all contribute to the forward movement. I am always in awe of the cohesive and gestalt nature of this interplay, that no matter how separate we think we are, Forces so much greater than us have us in the cradle of their consideration while the strands of chaos and fate intertwined to make our future.
Move on out with courage and a brave heart, dear friends. There is no where to go but UP!

No comments: