Tuesday, November 3, 2009

World Run Day 2009 awaits

/>

Though the story of my MCM marathon is coming out in dribs and drabs, new chapters get underway. The New York marathon on Sunday saw some surprising results, Meb taking the men's lead and Tulu the women's. I watched with compassion as my girl Paula fell behind from first position to 4th, which she shared with Ryan Hall on the men's side. I recognized all that agony and triumph, from pain to pleasure. If there is anything that encompasses both, it's the marathon.

World Run Day is coming up, and I will honor my compulsive avocation by joining anyone who wants to show up at Hugh Birch state park in Ft Lauderdale at 1P this Sunday. The last parking/picnic area on the right. One loop is shy of 2 miles. Do as many as you'd like. My plan? Remember I run to enjoy the many wonderful elements of the outdoors, fresh air, sunshine (please), and the rhythm of my own body. Share it with me and I have the pleasure of camaraderie. Slow slog it or sprint. Move your body, and your soul may thank you. Commit yourself to a new way of appreciating yourself. Promise to end the year with an eye towards better health, more energy next year.

I came home to work chaos and too much to do too suddenly. My thoughts go immediately to my next run. Tomorrow, its out again for a relaxed loop through the neighborhood. Relax my mind, build my body. Mend my spirit for the long road ahead.

No comments: