Monday, August 17, 2009

Yoga Day




I watched Usain "Lightening" Bolt, from Jamaica, become the world's fastest man as he nailed the 100 m in 9.58. The World Championships in Berlin are being held in the same stadium as Adolf Hitler's era in 1936. History keeps being made in many ways. I was splayed out on the floor after my own long run earlier in the day, the long loop over to the beach was my best one yet. For no good reason except that I got a pretty good night's sleep, the integrity of my body was there. One stop at the head of the Broadwalk and it was full out down to the bottom, cutting over to Hollywood and winding our way back up through the old neighborhoods laying silent and serene in the Sunday morning.

It was good to know my body had it together to manage what has been a painful slog with some ability. Now do it twice....! When I run the week-day loops I remind myself that not so long ago, I was cutting smaller circles in the neighborhood and feeling triumphant at 3, 4, 6 milers. Just as I sent the transcripts into the State to request an exam date for licensure I had to remind myself there was a day when I had no supervision hours and no classes....and now, the finish line is in sight.

Everything moves along if we just recognize it...the pull and push of our energy is often out of sync with the steady progression of momentum itself. One way or the other, the passage of creation and dissolution moves us through the world. It is Mind which thinks of itself, judges itself, appoints itself ahead or behind.... but what is the gauge? The Universe is poised to move itself into a new stage of manifesting
its own wonderful story. Are we part of its tragedies or triumphs? Can we escape the destruction of what must pass to make way for rebirth? I have faith, even as I get tired. But my body, which responds in a way beyond my control, 'knows' the inner link to larger forces. And it's all taking me along for the ride.

No comments: