Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5 days

"Forming a new world religion is difficult and not particularly desirable. However, in that love is essential to all religions, one could speak of the universal religion of love."

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama


According the the forecast, Sunday looks like a good day...cool temps in the AM, and no rain. I've been training in very blustery, rainy weather for this last taper, and it's been a big drag. If there's a benefit, it's that I get a harder workout, and toughening up in the elements. But I am not fond of running in the rain, so if the day can hand me clear, calm conditions, I would be so grateful.

I want to eat, sleep and not think about anything....and of course everything is on my mind. I have 3 very full work days before Friday, which I took off to begin the final preparations: chiropractor, expo and packet pick-up; Saturday, final massage and food, organizing, packing and SLEEP.

Yesterday's run was fine, fluid. Today's was dragging.... I don't know what to expect or how to corral the bundle of nerves and muscles to coordinate together in this effort. It's just 5 more days, and then we'll find out....

No comments: