Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolution: Balance in 2014

I am living vicariously through the uber-runners out there doing marathons and other extraordinary feats to close out the year.  Yesterday,  my westerly loop was just enough of a challenge to 'feel it'...today I opted out of running to give my body a last rest- sans work and all other obligations, to truly reflect:  not so much on where I've been, but where I'm going.

It seems as if I was stuck on some kind of perpetual loop in 2013.  Out on the roads,  I found myself taking the same turns,  feeling the same fatigue,  the work routines,  predictable politics and frustrations,  even the same tired relationship stories...endless obsessive and narrow pursuits.
Something in me knew it was a limited trap, after all it was MY trap.  I made this strange confluence of pathways.  I stuck with the same box of colors, and kept wondering where all the twinkling sparkle was at....It was time to look outside that box, stop looping around the same familiar tracks.  Some roads are no longer meant to be followed.

I've learned that my relationship with Mother Earth is the whole reason I persist.  Just as She supports us all,  it's way past time for all of us to support Her.  Divine and ET interventions aside,  if we don't get our collective shit together, then we/humanity can kiss it all goodbye and try somewhere else, if such chances are given to those who seduce-to-destroy with careless and reckless abandon.   I've never felt how sheer existence balances on the head of a pin, and one's tipping point,  towards destruction or creation, can look so much like the same thing.  I'd like to imagine Gaia knows how it turns out and is reassuring us to keep making resolutions and dreams,  to keep following good roads into the future.

If you are, like me,  someone who can easily get lost,  then some of those familiar roads may offer the safety net you need to just keep moving forward.  But ask yourself anytime you are persuaded from your purpose:  what kind of experience am I after?  And what kind of earth will support that?  I want back the land, the housing, gardens, studio of my prior life.  But I want it in a new form, in the New Earth.  And I want a New Me to live there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Ricci! Love this blog! Happy New Year!