Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Portals and Eclipses and Cloudships oh my! and more on the Run

Project Integration continues.....as my body takes me along this journey of discovering what is happening around me, inside of me....related to me....and it's efforts to assimilate changes way beyond my scope of understanding!  During the long holiday weekend  I put R & R at the top of my list:  a big "NOT TO DO" sounding out whenever frenetic energy tried to uproot my need to settle myself within the matrix of my own home base.  Nevertheless,  I managed some modest runs, mostly around the 'hood, taking note of my hot spots and feeling a little more friendly towards the roads.  I had hoped to run the Hollywood half-marathon early December, but that is a reach I acknowledge I must release- for now.

More than anything, I am drawn to watch the skies.  The Big Canvas of Mother Gaia never ceases to please, as She arranges the elements of what is barely material- the air, light, movement of ephemeral clouds- into penetrating images which slowly morph into suggestions of our deepest changes.  The Sun itself is so bright,  so powerful I can barely stand to look towards it or be under it except the mornings.  Some of my plants facing south on the back porch are scorched!  And of course everywhere around the globe our Home is undergoing the pangs of birth into something we've never known. 

I've been told that my 'specialty' is transitions, as I, myself seem to move through things without too much of an anchor, too much attachment....and helping others recognize the opportunity in change comes to me naturally.   Since running is also undergoing change,  it becomes, as always another metaphor for making the shift more seamless.   I worry less about anything but what it feels like to be on the move, allowing myself to fly off into those wide skies and soak up the adventure of Nature's artistry continuously unfolding and overarching all. 

Sometimes art is a stark and brutal statement, and reflects the dark shadows of our fears.  Other times, art takes on the saccharin aftertaste of forced sentiment.  We try to be good, nice, accommodating... to 'fit in' with our preconceived ideas of who we are and how we should behave.  But true art is a Natural outflow of Life and Nature is the Greatest Artist of all.   She uses everything fearlessly.   She displays whether we pay attention or not.  She transforms the very molecules of our bodies every day without complaint growing us and everything around us into something only She envisions.

I am learning to put my trust in Her above even my own perception,  knowing I am still burdened by my inherent blindness to forces greater than me...but even still,  I feel every bit of swaying and sloshing, even when my footfalls make their regular beat- underneath is a rocking and shaking that comes up through my body and meets the open air with an explosion of surprise.  Just when I think I can't get any more removed,  I turn around and find I am in the middle again,  -of a run,  a dream,  a session with a client....dreams and life intermingle...and we are making our way into a transformation of both. 

No comments: