Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Runs and a Right Brain Workout 10-21-12


The type of runs I had this weekend are characterized by the timeline of flanking on either side of Saturday's Right Brain Workout.  Saturday morning,  as I tried to shake sleep from my head,  I took off for a Griffin loop and an excuse to pass by TY park, site of the workshop and Karmageddon,  and check out the preparations.  As I managed to coax my body into a semblance of rhythm and settled into my gait,   my brain was free to process my own preparations.  Every Right Brain Workout I've ever done starts with 'Plan A' and my carefully choreographed "script."  And then of course there's 'Plan B', or, what happens in the moment,  with the energies of all the participants merging together. 

I will see if the Saturday gals decide to post their own experiences....suffice to say the miracle of any Creative Encounter is the Magic of personal and group transformation,  gently coaxed by the physical elements of the art-making.  For every personal revelation,  there was a deeper nodding inside me which kept saying YES YES YES.   Yes to the divine dialogue with Mother Nature.  Yes to the power of reaching towards Self, with others, in the service of our Greater Awareness.  Yes to the synchronicity of the group members,  the 'Spot',  the Karmageddon event...and the day itself,  unfurled around us like a flag.  I really had to do very little but 'give permission' and all the women were right on my wavelength.  As the power of that original dream continues from so many years ago,  about what a Right Brain Workout was all about,  I see many more to come.

Sunday,  I took myself to John Lloyd state park and shared the roads with the Tri folks,  who were smack in the middle of a race!!  Plodding-along-me was easily passed by every biker-become-runner....as they rounded their loops...showing me yet another athletic alternative to the usual running world.  I like cycling and swimming too...! But the tri folks are very gear-heavy...so for now, I stick with one sport at a time....

This run was reflective and celebratory.  I was less concerned with my mileage, and more content to take the road before me and stop at the end...soaking up the sun,  the breezes and plopping myself down by the ocean to dream of more.....more encounters with Mother Nature,  more opportunities to share this Right Brain world.   When we give ourselves permission to embrace our healing,  we are more forgiving of our vulnerabilities and challenges, which are GIFTS laid before us to unwrap our True Selves.   Make art, make music,  make more love and make someone happy today by showing them their own Creative Self at work....you will see it in tears, 

No comments: