Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Winds Weekend Runs 10-14-12

While unusual weather patterns continue to surprise folks all over the globe a stationary high pressure system gave us big winds here in SoFLo.  I ran both Saturday and Sunday with the winds a major factor:  wind in my face, resistance training,  wind at my back, cruise control.


Saturday, after my lolly-gagging around,  I caught a late morning westward loop and still had mild temps throughout.  Still trying to work out all the tight spots, I had a nice stretch all the way down and around to tiny Anderson park,  heading north towards Emerald Hills from there.  Sunday,  it was the big Griffin loop and a surreal and powerful stretch down 35th as my music cut out and the only sounds I heard were the birds, the wind and the occasional car rumbling past.  There is nothing I love more than a big open road and no timetable to be on....very often 'lifting' off from my present moment to find myself wandering the associations in my head,  and getting lost in the beauty around me...













 As many of us have been noticing,  the winds feel like they are at our back.  And even with the fear-mongering, hype-making, drama-ratcheting going on,  something is pulling us into the Center of ourselves,  a core essence where our purpose and passions make sense.  And where pared down to our very being,  the joy of breath, movement, laughter and love come to us like gifts from Life Herself, filling our need for sustenance from Spirit,  soul and each other.

Whether you are feeling the wind at your back,  or smacking you in the face,  trying to push you backwards,  remember you can always change directions.   You can go on cruise control and take in the liberty of your momentum,  soak up the progress,  enjoy the lack of pressure, praise yourself for maintaining your pace.  Or you can take the winds head on and get strong from the fight, get clear on what's important,  get tired,  then relax into the pride from standing up to powerful forces which only seem against you because you are standing in their way.   Put your finger to the air and test the winds today.  See if you are ready to let them take you further, or if its time to put up, put it out there and allow your heart to get stronger.  Great Mother is a relentless but loving Teacher.  If you let Her She will show you every time;  step out your door and you will see. 

No comments: