Sunday, September 30, 2012

Goodbye Sept, a Harvest Full Moon, back on the roads and THRIVE


I'm basking in the bright warmth of the sun pouring into my big windows where my desk is placed, and I realize part of what I like about this spot is a pretty decent swath of sky to watch...skies are becoming something I feel increasingly drawn to, drawn into, and a great means of getting good stuff:  associations, inspirations, relaxation, revelations....  Nature does that for me as well, as a whole,  but I seem to develop individual relationships with aspects of Her,  like The Standing People and my love affairs with trees and wood,  becoming a wood sculptor in VA.  Maybe too because Michael flies gliders....a part of me actually up there....and 'seeing' the world from that perspective has been wonderful.

September was crazy wet and grey.  I heard we had all but 2 days of it the entire month.  I am mindful of how easy it is for SAD (seasonal affective disorder) symptoms to be triggered by the sheer lack of sunlight.   My continuing to stay here is in large part to be exposed to the sun.  I toughed it out,  got sick, got enlightened about some of my own, old issues as one does when sick...got clearer, better- got back to work.  My enthusiasm and energy are coming back and I am so looking forward to October!

Running was pretty minimal last week;  I did run a few times sick which may sound counter-intuitive, but they were nice and easy out and backs,  and nothing  like it to help the systems get circulating.  But today, I woke and saw the hint of this brilliant sun in the early morning and thought;  okay, let's go.
It's always fascinating to me to see how my body responds to the intervals between runs.  When I am down miles like now,  it felt very light-like as I began...all the muscles are nice and soft...I took the overpass and headed up 29th thinking "wow, so I didn't lose that much endurance"....and almost bought it until the 3rd mile got under my feet and I felt the deep fatigue that wanted to stop me dead in my tracks.  Much of the discipline of running is, for me,  working through that moment.  Because when I do it is practice for the same moment at work,  with family,  with myself when I need to muster the 'umph' to get to the next place in the process (wink, CeeCee).  The greater my endurance,  the more I can keep a steady gait along bigger distances,  the more I also tolerate and cope with the annoying and frustrating aspects of daily life.  

When I do this loop I have several 'outs' if I need them, cut down from the bigger loop to make it smaller.  I did my Publix/Griffin pit-stop and decided my zeal for revisiting my favorite landmarks overrode my concern for my condition, and headed out the usual way.  The fly down 35th, where I usually enjoy a full-out (well for me anyway) romp down the winding road was decidedly more reserved,  but no less enjoyable.  Ahhhh  Nature, sweet nature,  there is nothing I don't love about your colors, temperatures, forms, designs, fragrances, movement....You are full of infinite gifts and I feel like You offer them all up to me so freely just by traveling through.  If I gained one big insight this interesting week it was "APPRECIATE"....because it might seem pretty f-ed up most of the time,  but look around:  She's a pretty amazing place!!!  LOVE YOUR MOTHER TODAY.  Buy a plant,  plant a garden,  save the world.  We can.  And enjoy "Thrive" if,you also missed first go arounds and SHARE.  MUST SEE. 






No comments: