Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Equinox 9-22-12: Balance in Motion/Rest

The front which has parked itself around us for what seems a long time now continues to pour its prolific curtains of rain.  This morning, I awoke to that surreal feeling of being under water;  the skies full of low, dark roiling clouds exploding with close lightening.  Even now as I look out from my back windows, the sensation persists of being holed up in a kind of ark while the world seems to float on oceans and currents of moving change.

It was the run in the pouring rain early this week that started this near-cold I am still fighting:  today my body just said "no."   No run, no yoga....for once I took my time meandering out of bed and into the morning routine,  getting ready for my Saturday schedule and chores.  As all runners know,  wrestling with the tendency towards compulsiveness in our training comes with the territory.  In my case,  knocking off a few days from running can begin the internal questioning of every aspect of my self-care.  Today,  in my efforts to reframe I simply acknowledged that now was not the time to push it, demand it or otherwise strong-arm myself.   The day,  as rainy and dark as it can be,  has called me to rest, rest and regroup my inner energies to heal myself.

I can almost sense the exquisite still-point upon which the earth seems to tip, as the cycle of the year begins to build momentum into the last quarter of 2012.  This 'breathing space' is a welcome relief!  The pressures from so much constant change, and our efforts to keep our feet under us as we move along can deplete our reserves, make us doubt our resources,  play into our fears and anxieties and cause much disruption in our personal connections. 

While balance is manifest, even as a portal of Now that can resonate with us long after Equinox is past,  we can reinforce the experience of larger forces interlocking into vast patterns that underpin even the most minute movements of all life.   It is ego which fears, labels, hides, denies.  Heart, spirit and the open windows of the Right Mind will take you up into the Great Matrix of your expanded Self where a place is set for you to both witness and experience the Wheel of Life.   Mother Gaia gives freely both the balance points and rush of movement, woven together in the oscillation of our evolution.   We think we have stopped, lost ground, lost something,  lost our way.   But if we rise even a little above our earthly point of view,  the Vast Cosmos will join with you and open your eyes, heart and mind.  Find your Balance Point today and remind yourself;  you are a Star in Motion...you are the Eyes of Mother Gaia.  See the "rightness" of Your own becoming. 

No comments: