Monday, June 4, 2012

Right Brain Work Out 6-3-12: Mandalas

As I started out on my Sunday long run,  and getting my head ready for the Right Brain Workout later in the day,  I had miles and time to remember how it all began.  Long, long ago, after Mello Rye, our spiritual teacher, came for her last visit to the Shenandoah Valley, my life began its rocket-ship ride out and away from a place I felt rooted into, at the Barn.  20 years later I can appreciate The Forces which dislodged me out into the big world, and the seemingly endless quest to gain the credentials, stability and opportunity to unfold my path.   The central, signature endeavor has always come back to the mandala,  the best means yet to bring my art therapy skills to bear in a spiritual context; an accessible means to help others who think of themselves as non-artists to find their creativity and express what is asking to come to light in their lives. 

I had some pretty good stretches,  working out what had loosened up in my right ankle,  feeling better balanced,  a more comfortable gait,  and freeing my focus from monitoring aches and pains to meandering my mental highways....and wondering what it would be like- again- to share my vision with others!

My piece, titled "Space/Place of Inspiration"  was a direct outcome of the power of Serenity Room,  Salah and Monica's tremendous dedication and love and the outpouring and openness of the participants.   When you "give permission" to people to tap into themselves and allow them to work out the blocks and sabotage of disowned parts,  the True Light of the Soul always comes through!  As always when deep in my own Right Brain,  I felt uplifted into the Vision even as I am submerged into the Process....and had the old familiar feeling of doing what I am meant to do and being right "at home".  

When I create,  it is like going for a run.  I circumscribe the route, the working space and then I begin.   Many miles and materials later......the experience "concludes" providing another portal into my deepest Self, my Soul Self smiling all along eager for the next chance to come out and play!  As Venus makes Her remarkable transit across the Sun this week, remember the power of the feminine is AWAKE!  She will help you go where you need to go,  and speak your truth.  Express your Self today! and next time,  see you at another Right Brain Workout!

No comments: