Monday, May 21, 2012

John Lloyd Park Run

With a hold on the rain,  summer weather unfurled itself again,  complete with steamy temps, full-on sunshine and  a few light clouds....a perfect day to take my run to the beach.  John Lloyd occupies a narrow strip of land between the ocean and the Intercoastal.  Its perks include a nice view of the port shipping as well as the cruise ships coming out of dock on their way into the open ocean.  A closed out and back road,  I once clocked it at about 4-5 miles total, so close and empty in parts that it feels as if lost in the middle of nowhere- until a plane rises overhead...or the big port lifters come into view...

South Florida was not on today's solar eclipse trajectory, sadly,  but my aim was to be somewhere out in the open sun,  absorbing the great concentration of energies, and what better spot than this?    Once I geared up,  I took the road from my parking spot at the end to the front gate in one swoop,  feeling the heat of the sun as I dodged into the patches of shade thrown by the overgrowth on the sides...stopping at the one overpass to view this lovely lagoon which hides the ocean beyond (above)....

Running back,  I took my time.  This is not a long run by usual standards, but I didn't feel up to that anyway;  keeping my body happy with enough motion without causing fresh strain to my usual hot spots is good, and I felt light and free between the points on the road when no one was around and the wide skies,  hot sun and ocean breezes were all mine.
We are so much a part of Mother Nature,  we forget, as we act like tourists,  laden with our mounds of stuff, how embedded into Her we are.   I love nothing better than merging into Her own matrix of divinely patterned beauty;  the soft rhythm of ocean waves,  the clouds rolling across cerulean blue skies....feeling the power of solar energies penetrating my own cells and my thoughts drifting into mere reflection of All that She bestows, every day,  on this amazing and magical planet.  If you were fortunate to witness the eclipse,  I hope it was your doorway into something deeper for you.   Her portals are opening everywhere, however.  It only takes the realization that all that will be is with us, now, and has been- all along. 

No comments: