Monday, February 25, 2013

Felt like summer Beach Run 2-24-13

It's been a lonely road lately,   as busy as ever,  in fact more so,  with the minutia of taxes and finances,  clients and juggling time,  keeping a focus on physical maintenance and all the upkeep that entails for acquiring good food,  lots of rest and of course running and yoga.
I headed out the door Sunday with no plan.  Forecasts called for record temps and for some reason that prompted the desire to see the beach....  


...together with all the other walkers, runners, bladers, blikers, wanderers down on the Broadwalk.... soaking up the hot morning sun.

I just let my body get on 'automatic pilot' to run there,  take my time soaking up the scene,  and on the way back,  cut down to the parallel alley where all this magnificent Nature hid along the backs of properties...heading on west crossing the major streets until I walked the last bit home.

Words come from multi-layered filters;  from my bodily senses,  my perceptual radar,  my inner compass which takes the world more as 'suggestion',  I found myself stopping more just to check out the light, the smells,  the color and shapes around me.  Finding the words, which usually comes easily, has been more difficult lately.   Emotions crowd around and say "who cares?  who sees?  who understands?"

When you are suddenly aware of your vast alone-ness in the world,  don't give up the sanctity of your solitude so easily.   After all,  Mother Nature knows you,  has freely offered Her gifts,  and you receive them every day.   The sense that we are walking separate from our own lives is the loneliest feeling of all.    But the World conspires to break you open anyway.  Nature sends Her beautiful smorgasbord of wonders and asks you to entrain with her constancy.   She grabbed hold of me as each fence row of blooms made me stop: focus: admire.  

Imagine if every time we saw one another we were filled with the same sense of awe and beauty...!!  Imagine what that would feel like if someone treated you this way.  I imagine.   I come back to Gaia....as She waits for me patiently,  like the good Mother She is....I know She carries me there, and back....every day. 



No comments: