Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday long run, beach loop


I wasn't planning on a a beach loop today,  in fact, as I thought about my options last night,  I was rather missing my big Griffin loop, the one that picks up the extra blocks and takes me by the old training route I used to run when a 12-er was normal.   I've felt extra fatigued of late, the fall-out of more intensity in every area, especially work, and inner changes...but nonetheless,  a call seemed to come as I stepped out the door; to put everything aside and come to the ocean.

I took the entire Sheridan stretch in one fell swoop.   The music was set to a good groove, and the winds came at me at a steady but manageable rate, giving me the extra resistance which got me focused....down past the morning traffic,  through the lights, the tracks, the early walkers, bladers, bikers, runners doing just as I was,  making their way to- or from- the beach.  At random moments, the rhythm of the run seemed to take on a life of its own.  Other times,  I felt tired again,  willing my feet to follow themselves and trying to shake out the core blockages to let the energy flow....

As I came up to the broadwalk at North Park, signs were posted for Easter sunrise service...a quaint reminder, as a Jew of what today means for many,  another opportunity for us pagans to use whatever Light is available to amplify our own efforts.   For me,   TIBET, world peace....world transformation....world healing,  to hone my 'channel' for same.   I stood at the rail and watched a small circle of what must be Christians preparing for what must be a baptism;  you can just see them in the photo.  I watched as they huddled in prayer and the surf came crashing around their feet.   The sun was a bright glow just above the palms and the sudden shift into fresh, beautiful Florida earth came onto me,  the essence of Mother Gaia's riches,  the intrinsic magnificence of Her soul.

Heading back,  I found my back routes and with the wind at my back, settled nicely into my groove,  lifted above the chatter of practical demands floating around in my head.   My legs were tired after yesterday's run,  so with the last remaining blocks I took it nice and easy,  feeling happy as always to be unencumbered,  unbothered,  unbound.  It is human nature to seek the means to get into, through and beyond the concepts of ourselves, unless you are someone who needs those boundaries,  then they belong to you.   But on rare occasions such as this, with so much metaphysical energy available,  ride the tail of transcendence into the riches of your own internal mind.   Find the tracks which seek to take you on pilgrimages to the altar within.   You might find the treasure you always sought, all along,  there in the dark places, waiting for  you.  

No comments: