Thursday, August 18, 2011

Healing Hiatus

Cocky me, thinking I will cruise on through indefinitely without any set-back, letting my expectations get the best of me when my body says "WHOA!"  and time for healing comes.   OK so it's a summer cold (I assume) and this constellation of symptoms is no doubt a cleansing from very stressful times....busy work schedule, training and just trying to keep the rhythm going on the Treadmill of Life.

I realize that anything that forces me to slow down is probably a good thing.   My nature is to discount the vulnerabilities of my body;  I train to increase my general stamina and endurance- not to become a super-athlete, but to keep my energy strong for everything I seek to engage.   When down time comes to me, I tend to fight it.   But the body surrenders eventually and with it, the healing rest I obviously need.

I seek the support of my healing allies today, and as Mom and Dad have been hovering around in my dreams, I hope the Ancestors are doing their part to support us here.   They have been much on my mind of late as I traipse around the backroads of my childhood, remembering the peace and comfort Mother Nature always gave me,  starting right out our back yard.

So to everyone striving to maintain their health, balance and faith in the path before them,  I am with you.   We all bleed and cry, and suffer the slings and arrows of our status in the material world.  The Hands of Greater Awareness are there to hold us whether we move forward or not, even in our down days.  Reach, and Grab hold.  

No comments: