Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Even small changes can be Big

For the first time in a very long time, I slide out the front door to find a slight chill in the air! Wow....what a feeling of relief, as I hit the overpass and take the streets in long, easy strides, for once not fighting the oppressive heat and humidity that always feels like a wet blanket pressing down on me. I resist the temptation to wear extra clothes, knowing, before too long, it will be just as hot within the hour. So today, it was smooth, dream-like, a wandering down roads until I realized I had come to my water stop at the park, with only a mile or so to go.

Even small changes can be big. And I know there are big changes in the wind. It's just hard to say how they are shaping themselves up. Suddenly it feels like everything has hit a high gear; with the turn of the seasonal wheel, a new push has come into play, as the world determines itself in its order of priorities, from one quarter or another.
I have been surprisingly consumed by goals; work goals, running goals....and the strange personal pressures of social connections which strive to take me out of my dreamy inward journeys.

Is it time to surface? With every long run, and every descent into darkness and solitude, light eventually breaks, if I can wait long enough and suffer the lonely road. Even I, it seems, can be called upon to come back from far places.

No comments: