Wednesday, June 20, 2007

farther for fast twitching

Put a very respectable 10+ miler in this AM, to the beach, down the broadwalk and back. If increasing distance and going at it cnsistently, pushing that envelope is the key to getting those fast twitch muscle fibers into the game, then mine must have gotten notice by now! I am certainly feeling it. Sunday was 10, yesterday 8 and today 10. I could not have pulled this off before....It was amazing to pull up and over those little overpasses, to cross the intersections one by one, and to cruise home still on my feet. I once did the long loop thru Hollywood and felt I had to crawl that last mile in. One foot in front of the other; it really does work. It seems earlier is better. The heat and humidity are brutal. The sun was already high on the ocean by 7:30AM. So if I'm to stay commited to my routine, then I will need to be up and out as close to 6:30 as possible. It's gonna happen if I make it happen. I will be strong if I put the miles in. Whatever else is happening, this becomes my 'base'....and sets my confidence. Anything is possible as I keep setting those goals and realize them. Going farther, going long.

No comments: